Application Package - Follow these six easy steps:
- Fill out a universal application that works for most rentals. I've X out two sections credit card balances because I get that from your credit report and savings which I'll ask for only if you don't show enough income to pay the rent. The other section I X out was where I charge you a fee to run your credit. You are running your own credit and therefor no fee. Please print out the application and fill it out by hand then scan it back and email it to me as a PDF File. When finished you can save the PDF file and email to me to Oz Realty or you can click the email button directly from the application and email the application) - Oz Realty Rental Application - Anyone living in the home 21 or over must fill out their own application.
- Send me a photo of the Drivers License of each applicant.
- Please include your most recent pay-stub for each employed applicant. If you are self-employed please explain your business and your income in the cover letter mentioned below.
- A current credit report for each applicant - go to Credit Karma sign up for a free report with a score. Here are the steps as of 2/13/18 they may have changed the process a bit but the results are what I need:
(1) - Create a free membership, (2) - Collect information to find your credit score, (3) - Once you have the score click on Credit Report located under your score (4) - Now they will show you two scores from two different credit bureau. Click on the Equifax “Credit Report” a link under your Equifax score. (5) - Now you will see your report, look for the print report option. (6) - Now your report is formatted for printing. Click “Print report”. (7) - Now you will see your fill report at the top of the page it says "Print This Page" click it. It will send the full report to be printed. Save to PDF locally on your Computer then Email me your credit report with all your other documents.
- They will first ask you to create a free membership. Make sure you cancel within 7 days or they will start charging your credit card each month. Choose the print or Save to PDF file if possible.
- Write a cover letter and explain to the owner why you would make a great tenant. This is your opportunity to make an impact on the owner. I suggest a family photo, some back gournd on your lives and jobs, why you like the rental so much, if you have pets this is a good time to assure the owner your pet will not be a trouble maker and or cause damager to the house, lastly if you have any income or credit issues explain them to the owner in your letter.
- Email all documents to dave@Oz-Realty.com or fax to 650-475-7098
NOTE: Who should create a cover letter? Everyone but especially if you have a pet(s), credit issues, income concerns, or will not get a good reference from your prior landlord, then I highly recommend a cover letter for your application. Please address in your letter what caused the problem and why it should not be a concern to your next landlord. Call me if your not sure what you should say in your letter.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call or email me.
I'm looking forward to working with you.
Dave Osbaldeston at Oz Realty